Q8 Cuteberry

Friday, July 28, 2006

My SCUBA trip ..


So, As planned I met with my instructor and the group around 8:45 am Thursday morning. The day went something like that:

9:00 am -- after checking that everyone and everything was in place and order, the boat headed to our diving spot, Arefjan, which is 15-20 mins away.

9:20 am -- Boat stopped at the location. I was the only open-water student there, where the rest were already advanced divers and beyond.

Weather condition: It was kinda windy with plenty of sunshine :)

Sea condition: High waves and strong tides..... Imagine what effect it had on a peron with sea-sickness like moi :"(

9:21 am-- Aha you guessed it.. After one minute with the boat standing still I couldnt make it anymore and had to jump into the sea. In away I had it coming. You wanna know why?!

::: My instructor called me the day before to confirm and to remind me to sleep early and NOT to eat breakfast, and to have coffee ONLY. Did I do that ?!?!?!? ahhhh-NAH! I had my frosties and topped it with a criossant. (Not a good idea... AT ALL!!)

::: My instructor also reminded me to take my sea-sickness pill once I wake up. Did I do that ?!?!? Ahhhhhhhh-Nope .. I thought I would be able to survive this one :/ .. (NOT a good idea!!)

9:40 am -- So, jumped in sea, had a nice swim, took my pill, been spoiled by everyone (they were soo sweet) and i felt much better and thought I might give it a shot. I got back on the boat to put my gear on. And again, repeat (9:21am). Felt dizzy... Couldnt make it and decided to try some other day enshalla :)

9:45 am til 1:30 pm -- everyone did two dives while I was between laying down on the boat or sun-bathing on a floating chair in the sea, having some cold watermelon.."Yummy in my tummy" ;P and singing along with some songs they had on (so similar to my iTunes collection) I enjoyed it.. So, all in all, it was FUN . I'm just sad and disappointed that I didnt get to do my actual dive as I was soooo looking forward to it .. Enshalla next time :)

My mom is soooooooo gonna kill me as she kept reminding me to bring along my sun protection, which i did. Emmm well, the thing is, I forgot to apply it.. Opsssyyy heheheheh I can feel the sunburn already :/ allah yaster :P I dont wanna be peeling-off; looking look like a face-off monster :/

Last thought: It was Fun under the sun,, without a dive and with a burn ;)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    welcome to the bloggin world :D

    lol @ your scuba trip!

    i loved the first and only time i went diving. was out in the philippines and they had old WW2 ammunition barges at thebottom of the sea bed :P

    i'd love to get fully liscenced, but kinda busy right now as i work weekends here :(.

    look after that burn :P

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    Skunk: Thank you for welcoming me :) ohh, and my sunburn started getting itchy :/ ouch

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Caz said…

    laish tqaldeen my style when I wrote "my first official 3azeema" ?? :P

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    G.Q: I just read ur "3azeema", bs it doesnt mention that "All Rights are reserved by G.Q." :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home