Q8 Cuteberry

Monday, August 28, 2006

Action Vs. Reaction


Day: Sunday
Time: 7:05 P.M
Location: Arraya Center

The scenario:
It was a nice day after a long weekend. Well, to me it was still the weekend since I didn’t go to work, (Salute to the “Kaifi Kuwaiti” motto *giggles*). I was having late lunch (or early dinner) with my friend at Burger boutique. Such a quiet evening; we were talking, laughing, munching on juicy classic burgers, fighting with the dynamite fries and simply having a great time. All good, all fun and fine AND THEN out of the blue a LOUD ALARM/SIREN went off!!! It was so freakin` loud and it felt like the whole building was shaking! For a minute there, I thought that an airplane was flying right on top of Arraya. All I remember is my friend running towards the parking lot (I had the car keys so, DUUUH!); people had this terrified look on their faces, while I had this big chunk of burger in my mouth and thinking Daaaamn! I can’t just run and leave without paying the bill! So, I ended up staying until everything was back to normal. We finished our dinner peacefully.

Now, whenever I remember that scenario again, imagining that a war was on and it was real; I hear a voice screaming in my head, saying:


WHAT THE *BEEP* WERE YOU THINKING?”

Last thought: Was that my natural reflex? Was it my conscious? Or what the hell was it? And above all, what would be the “right reaction” in such cases? *rolling-eyes*

1 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    transparently:
    You got that right. Nothing ideal in here.. In kuwait its "Sanferoo be 7ayatikom" if you know what I mean :P

    the 1509:
    hehehe my tummy agrees with you on that ... :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home