Q8 Cuteberry

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

*** Childhood Memories ***


** I remember watching “My little Pony” all day long, wishing to die, thinking that this is how heaven looks like. Link

** I remember watching “Ra3d Al-3emlaq” eating Twix. Link

**I remember having a major kick-boxing, hair-pulling, name-calling, loud-screaming, things-throwing fight with my sister over the TV remote

** I remember having a black bicycle that I called ‘black beauty’, imagining it was my horsy. I ended up buying a black sport car with whatever horsepower, naming it "Black Beauty" *sigh*

** I remember those days when going to elfer3 (a.k.a baqala a.k.a mini-market) with One KD and it felt like having a million KD in hand.

** I remember the room that we (me and my sister) covered with posters, no walls could be seen; even the garbage can had pictures on it. It was our studio. Many productions took place there. We still have the videos.

** I remember when we were tennis players, theatre directors, music band members, and many other roles. The world was our big a$$ theatre and we could be whatever we wanted to be.

** I remember filling the tub with water, jumping over the couch, sliding the mattress over the stairs, and mixing (ketchup, salt & pepper, hot sauce, chocolate syrup and honey) in a coke can and dare to drink it. All back to normal, minutes before my mom would walk in.

** I remember being a lousy goal keeper. If the ball came to the right, I would jump left. Yup, I was avoiding it. Until one day, the ball found its way to my face; ended my soccer career. Otherwise, I would kick Captain Majed’s a$$. Ab6al Al-mala3eb would have no chance either!!!

** I remember sleeping at night, covering my toes so that Frankenstein wouldn’t appear from underneath my bed and bite them off. I still do that. And yes, for the same freakin` reason!!

** I remember ordering Roast beef sandwich from ‘Hungry Bunny’, singing “Hungry bunnyyy I’m soooo hungry. Hungry bunny I’m sooo hungry! Come and have a super bunny right now!!”
Link

** I remember practicing Michael Jackson’s moves; dancing along Thriller, doing the moonwalk and walking as sexy as the skinny girl in ‘The way you make me feel’. Link

I remember many many other good times, fun fights, wide smiles, loud giggles and innocent looks. Kids nowadays shall envy us!! They are rushing into their childhood, wanting to be adults. They have NO IDEA what they are truly missing!

Can I be a kid all over again?

16 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Purgatory said…

    I say go eat a burger

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    Purgatory:
    Hmmm, This is exactly what am gonna do right after work ;)

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    1- you sound like DiDi dexter's sister
    2-?
    3-oh ya dont remind ..I always won although I was not the oldest
    4-I had a pony called black beauty
    5-my days 150 flis for school
    6-posters posters,,, boy oh boy I was obsessed with posters.. and hated it when the fall of the wall.. because my room had wall paper : )
    7-not to mention doctor :)
    8- dont forget playing war and hide and seek and fillig the 7 up and the pepsi with salt to see it rise...
    9-hated football ,, love racing cuz I always won
    10-I remember hating to wake to school and waking up so early on the weekend which pissed my mom off
    11-roast sand from hardeas
    12- still doing it :)
    xlant post cheers

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger mishu1984 said…

    yes you can be child again :P

    odly enough, i can remember most of my childhood, but my weekends nowadays are justa blur :P

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Aurous said…

    sha`7baaaary
    my little pony, ra3d al-3emla8 and hungry bunny
    It was really fun beng children
    ^
    ^
    like I should talk, I still se myself as one @@ :P

    PS: you can always be a child... at least at heart

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    mosan mosan:
    So you got 2 of my points combined in one ( a pony + black beauty) LUCKY YOU!!! Hey, I would LOVE to see you doing those moves ;) meta ?

    orange juice:
    Hope you are winning those fights! Funny how we used to fight to get the remote and now we throw the remote on eachother, being lazy to flip through the channels..

    mishu1984:
    Yalla, write up all about those.. Share your childhood memories and your blurry weekends ;) That should be interesting..

    aurora:
    Fun times.. Fun times.. And, yes, I am a child at heart, but it`s not easy acting upon it without looking like a freak ;P

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    any time my dear

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    any time my dear

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    any time my dear

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    mosan mosan:
    Triple Thanks ;)

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Noush0 said…

    To be honest.. i still do all this till now huhh im a kiddd!specialy the remote fight, i love it LOL!!

    Remember...you are a kid in your heart and will always be if you believe!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Moniker said…

    *sniff*sniff*

    That was beautiful :(

    I remember sliding down the stairs on a big cushion thingy, falling off of the cushion thingy, banging my head, crying...and wanting to do it all over again. Blissful.

    If you live everyday like you are going to get ur 1st kiss, you'll never lose the kid in you (or so the song says...)

    Great, now I'm all depressed because I want to relive my childhood, and I know that I cant. Hmph.

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger The Simper said…

    time flies, and eternity waits ;)

    u got the burger? :P

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    noush0:
    Hehehe seems that everyone had (or still have) that remote fight ;)

    fuchsia spunk:
    Been told that you can relive your childhood, so why not give it a shot? ;)

    Ohh and loved that "banging the head-crying-do it all over again story" heheheh

    the simper:
    LOL! the burger... I sure did ;)

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    Transparently:
    DAMN IT! Yours was better than mine.. LOL! You have to post it.. walla .. its fun :) loved that Eid scam.. been there done that .. Got fooled a couple of times :P

    Bs seriously, you have to post it :)

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Cuteberry said…

    transparently:
    I'm glad you did ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home